ManUp Charlotte exists to build up all men in our city and encourage them to be connected to God and one another by providing them opportunities to experience fellowship, engage in authentic conversations, grow in their faith in Jesus, and be inspired to sacrificially serve.
ManUp Charlotte desires to make an intentional and concerted effort to raise awareness of the devastating impact of fatherlessness, and equip men to "Man Up" and reach out to the youth who are affected.
4th Annual ManUp Charlotte Conference
June 19, 2021, 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM Forest Hill Church, South Park Campus 7224 Park Road, Charlotte NC 28210
Be there to connect with the men of Charlotte, hear inspiring speakers, and participate in authentic forum discussions about topics that matter to men.
ManUp Charlotte 2021 Keynote Speaker
fca football chaplain, university of North Carolina
Mitch Mason serves as the FCA Football Chaplain at the University of North Carolina. He is responsible for the spiritual and character development of the team.
Before arriving in Chapel Hill, Mitch was the Associate Pastor of FreeWay Church in Clemson, SC where he also served as a Campus Minister at Clemson University and a mentor with Clemson Football.
Before full-time ministry, Mitch coached college football. He was a 2-time All American Defensive Back at Missouri Western State University and was inducted into the school’s Hall of Fame in 2014.
He’s been married to his wife Chondra for 22 years and has two children: Sydney and Riley.
ManUp Charlotte understands the challenges facing men, so we provide a place for authentic conversations, along with resources, tools, and content that enables them to persevere on this journey together as leaders, husbands, fathers, mentors, and followers of Jesus.
We will offer two sessions of forums that will include panel discussions on important topics to men. In-person attendees will have a choice of joining one forum in each session. Selections will be made when registering.
*The first forum in each session listed below will be the one that is available to those participating virtually.
1. Living as a spiritually disciplined follower of Jesus in a culture that pushes against it
2. Two Becoming One: Strengthening your marriage, wisdom for the challenges, and ways to love well.
3. Wrestling with Life and Faith: What do I really believe? What is my identity? What is my calling? What is my purpose?
4. Jesus Turned Water to Wine?: Discussion about the cultural and biblical views of alcohol
5. Youth/Young Adult - Phones dictating your life vs. engaging with true community and the presence of God
1. What does it really look like to live your life in service of others?
2. Good Sex: Finding freedom, grace, and a renewed mind regarding porn, affairs, and lust while embracing God’s design for sacred marital sex
3. The Battle Within: How to respond to anxiety, stress, loneliness, isolation, and pressure
4. Dad Life: The demands and joys of fatherhood and the tools needed to thrive
5. Youth/Young Adult - Leading from the Bottom: Growing as a Christian leader at your school and in your groups, using the example set by Jesus
Who is ManUp Charlotte?
ManUp Charlotte is an initiative of UNPACKIN' it Ministries and a collaborative movement of the following organizations and churches in the greater Charlotte area. Contact [email protected] if you'd like to partner with us or if your church is interested in hosting a satellite location for this year's conference.
Click on the logos to learn more about each ministry and resource partner.