In this creative week-long day camp, youth ages 11 to 14 will explore the world of fashion sustainability through mini-lessons, meaningful discussions, drama and role-playing games, and textile crafts!
Some topics include:
- The life of a garment
- The people behind our clothing
- Upcycling & waste
- The future of fashion and fabrics
- Fashion culture and traditions around the world
Textile Arts and other activities:
- Natural dyeing experiments using flowers and food waste
- Upcyling jewellery and other accessories
- Collaging and mood boards
- Paper and custom journal making
- Acting, drama, games and more!
The camp will take place at De Steek
sewing cafe, a creative space with a garden for outdoor lunches and some of our activities. We will also spend some time at the park to enjoy the sunshine and do some fun camp games.
During the camp, participants will create their very own beautiful keepsakes, which we will showcase for parents/guardians on the last camp day.