Founded by Black Mamas Matter Alliance, Inc. (BMMA), Black Maternal Health Week
(BMHW) intentionally coincides with National Minority Health Month and the International Day for Maternal Health and Rights. Each year, from April 11th through April 17th, BMMA leads the charge during Black Maternal Health Week to:
The Black Maternal Health Walk
- Deepen the national conversation about Black Maternal Health in the US;
- Amplify community-driven policy, research, and care solutions;
- Center the voices of Black Mamas, families, and stakeholders;
- Provide a national platform for Black-led entities and efforts on maternal health, Birth and Reproductive justice; and
- Enhance community organizing on Black Maternal Health.
is organized by the Black Mamas Matter Alliance, Inc. (BMMA) in partnership with SisterSong, Inc. and the Atlanta Doula Collective (ADC). The Walk takes place during BMMA's national Black Maternal Health Week (#BMHW23) Campaign. This year's Black Maternal Health Walk will include a combination of wellness and movement activities, health education, music, games, and more!
for more information about BMMA and Black Maternal Health Week.