Research suggests almost everyone will be impacted by mental health issues at some point in their lives.
Caregivers are highly likely to encounter people who they provide spiritual care for who have some mental health challenges. Both understanding of the complex issues and effective spiritual care is critical.
This stand alone workshop of the Spiritual Care Series provides a practical introduction and awareness to mental health care with an emphasis on the older person, however the principles learned can be applied to people of all ages who are mentally challenged.
The session will be offered in two half day segments, during the day and the evening, to accommodate everyone's schedules.
• Explore the concept of good mental health
• Recognize that mental health is not static but part of a continuum and become aware of the dynamics of mental health challenges.
• Understand some of the internal, emotional, and psychological dynamics in an older person’s response to mental health issues and the value of a spiritual caregiver to other people.
• Explore the issues and dynamics in both the church and local community as spiritual caregivers responding effectively to people with mental health challenges.
Virtual via Zoom
DateS & TimeS
Tuesday 1 PM - 4 PM November 23, 2021 November 30, 2021
Wednesday 5:30 - 8:30 pm November 24, 2021 December 1, 2021
- Introductions - Introduction to Mental Health - Mental Health Challenges
- Relating to a person with a mental health issue - Putting into practice what you have learned