Our mission is to help families and patients to truly become a part of their healthcare team and reduce the number of preventable medical errors. Over the past 12 years, The Louise H. Batz Patient Safety Foundation has raised over $2.7 million for patient safety, published 10 unique “Batz Guides for Bedside Advocacy”, developed our Batz Patient Guide Apps, established the Batz Foundation Europe in Amsterdam, and shared Louise’s story across the United States, Canada, Europe, and South America.
The COVID-19 pandemic has shown us that patient safety is now more important than ever. We know that we need to find more innovative ways to help educate families so they can become a part of their healthcare team. Digital platforms, web based apps, and webinars are part of the future of healthcare and patient education, and the Batz Foundation is working to be a leader in our field with new and exciting ways to reach people.
With your help, the funds raised from Viva Bingo will support our goals that further our mission to create awareness of patient safety, both locally and internationally:
- Develop an innovative new web-based video series promoting a wide range of educational topics in patient safety using the 10 Batz Guides that we have developed over the past 12 years.
- Print, implement and research the effectiveness of our new Weezie’s Angel NICU Guide for babies
- Develop a Pediatric Palliative Care Batz Guide partnership with the Gus Owen Stephen’s Foundation
- Expand our Community Health EMPOWER program aimed to help low-income families
- Develop and grow our Rosie’s Art Project initiative in honor of Rosalyn Dugger Bowers
- Continue to expand the Batz Foundation Europe and launch the Batz Foundation Latin America
Your sponsorship will make these goals a reality!